If you're around my age (125, if you ask my kids), you'll remember Jellies from your childhood. I had to beg my mum for some... they were a Christmas present, if I recall. And I thought they were about the coolest thing ever. Well, it turns out that you can still get Jellies. In fact, they've been making them since 1946! And yes, the start of winter is a strange time to be talking about sandals but stick with me and you'll see that I'm not going completely mad!
So, these days, you can get Jellies for kids in 14 delicious colours. You can also get them for adults and they come in two different styles.
So, a while back, Kelly from Jellies asked us to review some Jellies. It was still late summer then and it sounded like a great idea. As we're entering the 'one for each child' years around here, I also ordered a pair for my younger daughter. One of the things that I immediately loved about Sun Jellies is that they offer *free* worldwide delivery. Yip - that's right - free. And the dollar is good and strong at the moment, meaning that the Jellies worked out at about $20, delivered right to my door. Yippeee!! (Note: Sun Jellies has recently changed their shipping but it's still only £4 for delivery). My only disappointment was that they don't make the adult ones in my size - boo hoo!
So there we were with two lovely pairs of Jellies and two happy girls. The girls have worn them for a couple of months now and generally, I've been really pleased with the way that they have worn. They're plastic, so the reality is that they're not going to last like a pair of leather shoes but my girls have worn them 3-4 times a week for the last couple of months and they're still in good condition. They bright pink shoes have faded in colour a little but they're certainly still pink enough to keep my 5 year old happy.
The one aspect of the shoes that I did find a little troublesome was the buckle. It's quite wobbly and spins around, which means that my almost-3 year old sometimes has trouble doing them up.
And sandals in winter then? Well, by the time I got myself together to take a photo, the weather had cooled off. It didn't stop the girls wanting to wear their Jellies, though, and they look super-cute with tights!
So there you are: Jellies in summer and in winter! And you can get a pair for every outfit! Perfect :)
Disclaimer: Sun Jellies kindly provided one pair of shoes for review. This did not, in any way, affect the opinions that we share in the review.
|1. 10 candles to light your fire - how much fun can you fit on your cake?!
2. Hoopla kids - Scrumptious looking gears to brighten your kids' wardrobes
3. How to dress your child for a special occasion
4. Fruity pineapple flamingo party - Sweet, bright and sunny
5. Spanish Baby Bites- European sleeping bags that are unique and adorable
|1. Upcycling baby clothes - Turn your most treasured items into something that lasts
2. Grace's ballet party - celebrate your tiny dancer
3. After the birth - What to expect when you've welcomed your bundle of joy
4. Lalaloopsy party - How to craft your party around a centrepiece
5. 10 candles to light your fire - how much fun can you fit on your cake?!
|1. Scone peapods - the cutest and most delicious vegetables around
2. Lalaloopsy party - How to craft your party around a centrepiece
3. Superkids Scroggin- An innovative lunchbox idea
4. Jeffrey's Lego Party - totally Legotastic
5. Best indoor playsets - Unbelievable fun most of us can only dream of!