Product Review: Mountain Buggy mini
With their all-terrain 3-wheel strollers rocking the world, those clever souls at Mountain Buggy set their sights on creating a city stroller that was light and easily stowed whilst maintaining their trademark maneuverability and durability.
Not an easy task, especially when you look at the compromises other manufacturers have been forced to make - one might be light but doesn't fold well whilst another might be durable but turns like an elephant.
Well, they didn't just reach their goal, they blew it out of the park.
The MB mini is the perfect city stroller - and you can trust my judgement, I'm a father of 4 and our family has gone through pretty much every stroller on the market, as well as being a retailer and wholesaler of strollers in a previous life.
The Mountain Buggy mini is everything you would want from a compact pushchair, they've stripped it back but kept the quality you expect from Mountain Buggy. Here's 6 reasons why I think you'll love the MB mini;
1. Lightweight - The MB mini is super light, weighing in at under 8kgs and easily lifted in and out of the car.
2. Fast Fold - You only need one hand to fold the MB Mini whilst the seat stays well away from the ground and clips easily into the locking frame that is very easy to unlock when unfolding.
3. Compact - As well as being extremely slim when folded down, the MB mini can stand up vertically, perfect if you need to store it or tuck in behind your chair at a cafe!
4. Basket - The key here for me was how accessible the large basket is with plenty of height under the seat - no need to squeeze your shopping in here!
5. Full Sized Wheels - Unlike the other city strollers, the Mountain Buggy mini has 10" wheels with durable and comfortable aerotech tyres. Comfort and style - what more do you need!
6. Quiet Peeking - Proving they have thought of everything, the MB mini has a toggle rather than noisy velcro securing the window for secret peeking!
And don't forget the other great touches Mountain Buggy have included like; additional different colour sun hoods, it fits a car seat (including the new Mountain Buggy peppy - MB's new infant car seat capsule), extra large sun visor, fuss-free single handle height, mesh panel for airflow in the reclined position and more.
Availble in a chilli red and arriving in mid-December 2012, you can get your hands on an MB mini for $549. I know we will be!
Additional accessories include; easy-zip storm cover, carrycot, cup holder and car seat adapter (all sold separately).
For full details and where to buy the MB mini - click here.
Submitted by: Ben De Haan (Tea boy at Babybites.co.nz)